In the midst of the holiday rush, simplicity reigns supreme. The Chocolate Pretzel cookie is an uncomplicated treat that blends the basics. With our trusty Basic Butter Dough as the foundation, crushed pretzels add a satisfying crunch, while chocolate chips bring a touch of sweetness. This recipe is a symphony of flavors without the fuss, perfect for those who crave a homemade treat without an elaborate process. Let’s dive into the straightforward process of making these cookies.
The Basics: Simplifying the Process
1. Basic Butter Dough: Start with this versatile Basic Butter Dough. Its simplicity provides a perfect canvas for the added ingredients. Having this dough ready saves time and makes the baking process more efficient. If you froze it ahead of time, make sure to transfer it to the fridge and let it thaw over night. That way, the dough will be workable the following day.
2. Pretzels and Chocolate Chips: Crush some pretzels and mix them into the dough along with chocolate chips. This step takes minimal effort but adds a delightful contrast of salty and sweet to each bite.
Why it Works: Practical Perfection
1. Time Efficiency: During the holiday rush, time is of the essence. The simplicity of this recipe allows you to whip up a batch quickly, leaving you more time to enjoy the season.
2. Minimal Ingredients, Maximum Flavor: With only a few ingredients, these pretezel chocolate chip cookies offer a sophisticated flavor profile. The salty crunch of pretzels and the sweetness of chocolate chips create a well-balanced treat.
3. Versatile Presentation: Whether for gatherings or as gifts, the rustic charm and golden hues of these cookies make them visually appealing without extra effort.
Speaking of presentation, here are a few ideas:
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top in a zig zag fashion
- Drizzle caramel on top in a zig zag fashion
- Dip half the cookie in melted chocolate
- Stick one mini pretzel right in the center of the cookie
Indulge Simply: Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies Await
The Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie invites you to savor the holiday season without unnecessary complexity.
With that being said, if you're looking for something a little more ambitious, look forward to the next chapter in our "12 Days of Cookies" series, featuring Linzer Cookies. Each day brings a new variation. Until then, enjoy the sweet simplicity of homemade treats and the pleasure of sharing uncomplicated joys with loved ones.
Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
Prep: 1 Hour (for chilling)
and 10 Minutes for prep
- Cook: 15 Minutes
- Total: 1 Hour and 25 Minutes
- Serving: 1 Cookie
- Yield: 15 Cookies
- Prepared Basic Butter Dough
- 1 cup of pretzels
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions for Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fold the crushed pretzels, and chocolate chips into the Basic Butter Dough until evenly distributed.
- Form it into a log about 1.5" in width and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Put the log back into the fridge for about an hour to let it solidify.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After an hour, unwrap your dough log and slice it. It should yield about 15 slices.
- Place slices on a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets before transferring them to wire racks.
- Any kind of pretzel will do, as long as it's not something that will clash with the flavor profile (ie. mustard flavored pretzels)
- If you decide to create a chocolate drizzle (not necessary, but fun), simply mix a cup of chocolate chips with a tablespoon of coconut oil (or butter) in a double boiler. Keep mixing until it's all fully combined. If it seems too thick to drizzle, just add more oil until it reaches your desired consistency.